It has been a busy first 10 days for the SI4DEV Uyo team as they commenced our first community-driven project in Nigeria – To build and transfer crop processing facility for Cassava and palm fruit Farmers.
Start date September 1, 2018.
Delivery Date March 1, 2019.
Project team lead Grace Firstlady Jimbo
Project team includes other SI4DEV Fellows SI4DEV Ambassadors SI4DEV Interns in the area.
On the September itinerary:
1. Flag off project management committee made up of SI4DEV Partners and initial community stakeholders.
2. Advocacy visits and courtesy calls on more community leaders including village heads, local government officials, etc.
3. Community project team’s first visit to the project site on land donated by the village council. It is now in the clearing process.
4. Town hall meetings with general community members including women and youths. Two meetings have been held, one holds next week.
5. #2 and #4 are to help select more representatives to form a sustainability committee to work alongside the management committee. On behalf of the community, they will own and continue the processing plant project after handover.
6. These reps will receive project management and business planning training in the coming weeks to prepare them for the work ahead.
7. Groundbreaking ahead of construction of the facility starts in the next couple of weeks after the tree uprooting and clearing.
Support SI4DEV by donating online on our GlobalGiving page. See link in comments.
You can also donate to GTBank
Name: Strategy and Innovation for Development Initiative
Account Number: 0366172770 (Naira)
Thanks for giving, and spread the word!
Follow our posts and share.
Biweekly or monthly updates to come.
Ask questions and give us feedback to do better.
Nigeria must be better.