- WHAT IS THE SI4DEV PARTNERS PROGRAM?
The Strategy and Innovation for Development (SI4DEV) Initiative is an NGO registered in Nigeria to empower community leaders who are working towards a 21st century Nigeria. Our Partner Program focuses on training and supporting selected influencers to develop, implement and scale innovative products, services, and action plans for key policies and target populations. We partner with local change makers and influencers and offer the capacity building, collaborative forums and research products they need to implement strong governance systems and to improve the education, economic and health attainment of their communities.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING AN SI4DEV PARTNER?
The SI4DEV Partner Program provides our interns, fellows and ambassadors with opportunities to build and strengthen their capacity and skills. Partners also gain:
- A small financial token for completing and reporting your journey as a Volunteer. This amount will only be disbursed following your first 6-month as an active and dedicated Volunteer.
- An opportunity to create your profile on the SI4DEV website and receive certificates of completion on concluding various training sessions.
- An SI4DEV branded letter of support towards your personal goals and development work applications.
- Opportunities to participate in online, regional, national or international SI4DEV events and training.
- The Volunteers with the best projects will have an opportunity to crowdfund additional capital and we will match the funding for the most successful campaigns up to $1000!
- IF I AM SELECTED, WHAT ARE MY COMMITMENTS AS AN SI4DEV PARTNER?
SI4DEV Partners have access to a number of opportunities to strengthen their skills and participate meaningfully in program and policy work. Individuals who have been accepted as SI4DEV Partners are expected to be committed in their focus area and state teams. By joining our social media, instant messaging groups (website registration coming soon), you will be able to participate in our campaigns and have your work rewarded.
Organizations are also allowed to become Partners of SI4DEV for those who prefer to showcase their efforts in development through the SI4DEV platforms. Note, SI4DEV is not a funding agency and is not obliged to offer financial support. However, we will compensate dedication based on activity and targets met. Also, being an SI4DEV Volunteer makes you our official representative and you are expected to uphold our values in your work.
Specifically, as an SI4DEV Partner, we will expect you to meet the following targets in your first 6 months:
- Participate in at least 6 online SI4DEV recommended online courses and 4 other training sessions.
- Conduct SI4DEV talks in at least 5 schools or youth groups based on a template to be supplied by SI4DEV.
- Recruit at least 20 Volunteers and engage them in activities to promote the goals of SI4DEV.
- Create an action plan (6 -12 month duration) for a pilot intervention in your state or local government individually or through an organization that you are currently a part of or with a group of peers.
- Raise at least N10000 in funds using the online crowdfunding tool that will be shared with you, for activities to promote your own campaigns.
- WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE FIRST 6 MONTHS?
At the end of 6 months, Partners with the best action plan proposals and most successful crowdfunded campaigns will be matched with funding up to $1000! While implementing their projects in the following 6 – 12 months, these partners will have access to one-to-one coaching, paid e-learning courses, speaker events, peer learning, in person training sessions and opportunities to visit national and global institutions. All partners will be part of an Alumni network with support to continue sharing best practices, ongoing work and opportunities.
- WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES AS AN SI4DEV PARTNER?
To successfully complete the SI4DEV Partners Program, interns, fellows and ambassadors are expected to submit monthly activity reports and participate actively in group discussions. Other responsibilities include;
- Organizing SI4DEV events and projects (fundraising, project planning, campaigns and representing at key events).
- Contributing to the SI4DEV website and social media (Writing articles, blog contribution, submitting resources for the website, sending in state status reports or focus area reports)
- Remaining active and being proactive as it relates to your focus area activities and advocacy at various SI4DEV events in your state or local government.
- Attending training events organized by SI4DEV (online or face to face) on general work and life skills, such as communication, leadership, teamwork, creative thinking, project planning, organizing and management skills which you can use any future endeavors.
- DO I NEED TO BE TRAINED BEFORE I START THE SI4DEV PARTNERS PROGRAM?
At the onset of the program, Partners immediately benefit from training opportunities and in-house curriculum and orientation. While prior training from other sources are always beneficial, they are not required.
- IS THIS A FULL-TIME POSITION?
No, this is not a full time position. Based on the training and development plan, Partners are expected to spend a minimum of 2, 4 or 6 hours a week respectively on SI4DEV activities in order to successfully complete the program as an ambassador, intern, or fellow.
- WHAT SUPPORT WILL I RECEIVE AS A PARTNER?
SI4DEV Partners receive general and collaborative support in the first 6 months of the program. There will be a general training and development plan and access to online curriculum and courses. There will also be on-going mentoring and professional development for personal development through our social media groups.
- WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I RECEIVE AFTER THE PROGRAM?
There will be no formal qualification but partners who successfully complete the program will receive an SI4DEV branded letter of support towards their personal goals, school or job applications or proposals for development grants. We can also make this a certificate of completion depending on request.
- HOW WILL THE SI4DEV PARTNERS PROGRAM HELP ME PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY?
We believe in the power of people and communities to lead social change and sustainable development. Our partners include government officials and policy makers, healthcare providers, educators, civil society and faith-based organizations, political and business leaders. Partners are expected to develop transferable personal and professional leadership skills such as time management, self-esteem and communication, problem-solving, design-thinking and project planning and implementation.
- HOW DO I BECOME AN SI4DEV PARTNER?
The application process for everyone interested in becoming an SI4DEV Partner is an ongoing process on our website. However, only one cohort will be announced per year. The 2018 Class of SI4DEV Partners is a one-year program, beginning in Jan/Feb 2018 and ending in December 2018, after which they join the SI4DEV Partners alumni network. For more information, subscribe on our website (www.si4dev.org) or follow and like us;
- HOW AND WHEN ARE SI4DEV PARTNERS SELECTED?
The SI4DEV Board reviews and selects SI4DEV Partners in an ongoing basis, with special drives in January and February. Individuals who are selected to join the SI4DEV Partners Program will be notified in January and February of their class year, and there could be more than one batch to make up one cohort.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE SI4DEV PARTNERS PROGRAM?
Anyone between the ages of 16 and 60 can apply. Applicants will not be discriminated based on gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or local government or state of origin. Our review focuses on current impact or potential to engage leadership and catalyze change starting from the local community. Please note that partners must have regular internet access and be able to communicate proficiently in English.
- WHAT IS NEEDED TO APPLY?
The application for the SI4DEV Partners Program includes basic demographic information including age, name, education, gender and occupation, state/LGA of residence and contact information (email and phone number). We also ask about leadership experience and interest in the SI4DEV focus and partner areas as well as ideas to transform your community and the country at large.
- CAN I STILL APPLY IF I AM NOT NIGERIAN?
SI4DEV is starting operations in Nigeria beginning with the 2018 Class of Partners, and from our experience we will build a case study framework as we expand to other countries in the coming years.
- IF I HAVE APPLIED IN THE PAST BUT WAS NOT SELECTED, CAN I APPLY AGAIN?
We urge you to improve your profile by committing yourself to improvement activities and projects within your local area, and then you can apply again at any time.