Report of Awka, Anambra Location SI4DEV Meeting
Date: 27th April, 2019
Venue: Grace and Faith House Plaza, beside UBA along Onitsha-Enugu expressway, Awka.
- Welcome Address
- Briefing on SI4DEV mission and vision
- Awka pilot project review
- The meeting started at about 11:30am with a welcome address by Okoye Chisom. He welcomed and appreciated all who took out time to be part of the first physical meeting. Chisom further pointed out that SI4DEV has a mission to empower community stakeholders who are willing to drive positive changes in their communities through their partnership programs.
- On Awka Pilot Project: Chidiebere came up with an idea that we should focus more on projects that will have a greater impact on education. He further suggested an in-school project that will promote gender quality.
- Uzor suggested that we should engage young minds on career development programs.
After much deliberation, it was agreed that our pilot project would be tagged “Knowitcampaign” a sensitization/awareness program that will feature
- Career Talks
- Education Awareness/Sensitization
- Good Leadership Skills in two secondary schools in Awka
- Chisom is to locate two secondary schools where the projected would be implemented and report back in 7 days.
- Uzor is to prepare a presentation on career talk and report back in 7 days.
- Chidiebere is to prepare a presentation on good leadership skills and report back in 7 days which Chisom is to do same on education awareness.
The meeting came to an end at about 1:45pm.