REPORT OF PORT HARCOURT LOCATION SI4DEV MEETING
DATE: 7th April, 2019
VENUE: Mega Grill Eatery, Rumuodara junction, Port Harcourt.
- Welcome address
- Ice breaker – Gender equality vs gender collaboration
- School/community WASH project planning and feedback
- Matters arising
- The meeting started at 4:15pm with a welcome address delivered by Francis thereafter he asked to have an ice breaker session to discuss views on gender equality vs gender collaboration. He stated instances where he has seen the debate on social media and would like us to share our views on both narratives. It was a lively session that ended with an understanding that both narratives are important and should not be taken in isolation, and that volunteers/partners should advocate against gender based violence in society.
- On the proposed school/community WASH project, the house received feedback from Jessica that she has scouted two schools in the community where we can implement our WASH project. They are; Elekahia community primary school one located at Elekahia and Elekahia primary school two located at Ahiamakara.
The house decided that letters should be sent to the schools management on the 26th April, 2019 notifying them of our intention. A tentative project implementation date of 22nd & 24th May was chosen, and suggestions were put forward on materials that would be required for a successful campaign.
- 2kg of detergent
- A pack of disposable hand gloves
- A pack of disposable nose mask
- A bottle of antiseptics
- 2 liters of hand wash
- A dozen of waste basket
- 2 packs of wipes
- Two bowls to practice hand hygiene
Faith, Favor and Jessica have been assigned to prepare and facilitate during the WASH project to both schools.
The house decided to meet again on the 21st April in order to finalize plans and accommodate the next project. The meeting ended at 5:30pm.
3 thoughts on “Port Harcourt Location Group Meetup, April 2019”
Keep it up
thank you Hezekiah
This is amazing