REPORT OF PORT HARCOURT LOCATION SI4DEV MEETING
DATE: 3RD January, 2019
VENUE: Mega Grill Eatery
- Briefing on si4dev activities in the year 2018
- Scheduled event creating awareness on world cancer day
- Plans for our location group voting gang
- Update on our pilot project
INTRODUCTION & BRIEFING ON SI4DEV ACTIVITIES IN 2018
The location group coordinator, Mr. Austin welcomed partners to the first meeting of the year and encouraged that we should stay focused on our community development goal within the si4dev platform.
He enumerated a couple of projects and activities which we have undertaken within the last year;
1) Presentation of dry food stuffs and other items to our Mother lady of perpetual help orphanage home during the GYSD
(2) Training and purchase of a computer set for Orphans and vulnerable children at Porter’s orphanage home.
(3) NDLEA road walk against illicit use of drugs and NAPTIP road walk against child trafficking.
(4) Training on grant writing
(5) Partnered with NURTW, AFSK, NYSC, and visible global charity to create awareness on the dangers of drug and other illicit substance abuse.
(6) Participated at the inaugural si4dev summit held at Abuja.
(7) Facilitated drug abuse awareness at the Port Harcourt Juvenile jail.
(8) Currently supporting the ongoing project implementation of the Enhanced digital literacy for orphanage school.
SCHEDULED EVENT CREATING AWARENESS ON WORLD CANCER DAY
Our location group has decided to partner with Havana Health to mark the world cancer day by engaging in planned activities that sought to promote awareness and assist survivors to overcome trauma. Mr. Austin and Francis both volunteered to attend the event.
PLANS FOR OUR LOCATION GROUP VOTING GANG
Francis has volunteered to produce the crested T-shirts that would be used for the campaign and plans to liaise with the program director.
UPDATE ON OUR PILOT PROJECT
Francis has informed the house that the first phased of the project has been funded by si4dev but due to the delay from the project owners who promised to source for the furniture within their community, it is yet to be closed out. He assured the house the hence the furniture is ready, and other items on the budget has been acquired, we would be visiting the school this week for the presentation.
- Efforts should be made to recruit more volunteers locally
- Our next meeting should focus planning for our activities for the next 6 months
- Seek more ways of collaborating with other organizations
The meeting came to an end at about 6:25pm with the following people in attendance.
- Austin Otuji
- Francis Eghehan
- Jonathan Onojedje