Strategy and Innovation for Development Initiative (SI4DEV) is pleased to announce a workshop summit for SI4DEV volunteers and other practitioners in the Community-Led Development (CLD) community. Theme is: A Pathway from Community-Driven Development Projects to Community-Led Development.
SI4DEV is requesting proposals for speakers and presenters for workshops/panels to be conducted during the event. Speakers and participants will receive a stipend. Please see eligibility criteria for audience makeup.
Proposals are invited for one or more of the following content areas:
- Community-Led Development versus Community-Driven Development Projects
- Project Planning: Starting with the Community in the Driving Seat
- Hot Topic: Sustainable Development Goals
- Governance and Accountability: Coming to a Project near You
- Strategy and Innovation for Development: An Imperative for Impact and Sustainability
- Project Development and Implementation: Problem Solving Day to Day Issues
- Grants and Proposal Writing: Strengthening Relationships with Donors and Partners
- Volunteer and Community Mobilization: When Expectations Meet Reality
Workshops will be 60 minutes in length and should be planned as dynamic and interactive sessions, involving participants as much as possible. Also, be prepared to engage as a panelist on your content area(s).
Please submit the information requested below by 5 pm October 15, 2018 in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach headshot, CV, and samples of materials to be provided to participants.
- Name, Email and Phone Number
- One paragraph bio in the third person
Title of workshop
- Proposed topic of workshop
- Description: 200 words describing the workshop and the content area
- Previous events where this workshop was given
- Learning objectives/take home messages -What will participants learn from this workshop?
- How will the workshop be conducted? What is the structure of the workshop? How will participants be involved and how will the structure maximise opportunity for engagement and learning?
- Infrastructure/material requirements – Please outline any special needs to run the workshop (internet access, table set-up, materials, projector, screen, laptop).
- Samples of handouts/takeaways – You do not have to send the entire workshop, just a sample or overview of handouts.