DATE: 5TH AUGUST, 2018
VENUE: Mega Grill Eatery
The port Harcourt location group of si4dev has decided that within the next two months we would be planning on how to reach out to six schools within our locality to conduct talks and also pay a courtesy visit to the commandant of the National drug law enforcement agency, Rivers State command as a way of strengthening our collaboration and partnership. To this end, a meeting was convened.
The meeting commenced at 5:30pm with an opening prayer led by Jonathan, thereafter our location coordinator, Mr. Austin welcomed partners and thanked them for their commitment and efforts towards the goals of SI4DEV in Port Harcourt. He also emphasized on the need for continuous support as it will require team work to achieve our plans.
- Schools outreach: Partners agreed that since schools will be resuming on the 10th September, 2018, we should list out possible names of schools we intend to visit and write notification letters to the schools in order to get approval early enough. To this end the following schools were suggested;
- Oginigba community secondary school, Oginigba
- Community secondary school, Okporo
- Rumuokuta girls senior secondary school, Rumuokuta
- Community secondary school, Rumuodumaya
- Highcast international schools, Ngboba Port Harcourt.
It was agreed that Gloria will draft the letter of notification, while Francis will review and forward to Mr. Austin for distribution. Mr. Austin suggested that it will be best if we are given audience by each school during their break periods.
- Courtesy visit: Francis suggested that partners should pay a courtesy visit to the commandant of the National drug law enforcement agency, Rivers state. Stating that since we invited them to our last drug awareness campaign in July and they couldn’t participate because of time constraints, it will be proper if we strengthen our partnership with them. To this end it was agreed that we write a letter, notifying them of our intention to visit by the last week of August 2018.
- Needs assessment: Partners also agreed to visit our lady of perpetual help to conduct needs assessment on their school facility to explore possible ways we can contribute towards improving the quality of education in our community. Ekene and Francis volunteered to undertake the visit on 9th AUGUST 2018, and report back to the group their findings.
The meeting came to an end at about 6:45pm with the following people in attendance.
1 Austin Otuji
2 Francis Eghehan
3 Ekene Achu
4 Jonathan Onojedje
5 Gloria Chukwuma