Here is the report of our #GYSD Port Harcourt group participation.
Description of activity
SI4DEV Port Harcourt location group bought some dry foodstuff s, beverages, juice drinks, and toiletries for Our Savior orphanage at Rumukurushi in Obiakpo Local Government Area, Rivers State Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Purpose of activity was;
- To achieve SDG2: Hunger – End hunger by contributing our quota towards achieving this goal
- To achieve SDG17: Partnerships – Strengthen the means of implementation by partnering with other critical organizations and stakeholders towards the actualization of this goal.
Names of SI4DEV partners and volunteers who participated
- Austin Otuji
- Francis Eghehan
- Jonathan Onojedje
- Ekene Achu
- Olawale Samuel
- Joy Eregare
Actual number of children impacted: 17
Partnership opportunity – We intend to partner with Visible Charity Global Foundation to attain SDG1: Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere by organizing a skill acquisition session for youths on cake making and event center decoration
Next step and action items.
- Produce voter awareness materials and lead a street campaign on voters’ registration and election participation.
- Conduct a talent show for church kids, poetry, singing, and dancing competition.
- We will buy hand sanitizers and teach hand washing to church kids
Lessons learned – what could we have done better?
- Early preparation would have led to a more robust outcome
- Improve on logistics to forestall any disappointment such as not getting our crested vest delivered as planned.
- Invited more volunteers to participate thereby exposing them to a life of service to society